lisbon

17 March 2010

I had wonderful time with my sister in Lisbon. The weather was perfect, warm, sunny, breezy and the city is great. It's very diverse, full of contrasts and culture. For some reason it remained me of Prague.We stayed for 4 days and did a lot of walking and chatting. It was so nice to spend some time with my sister, just on our own as we don't see each other enough, me in London and her in Prague. I miss her...and yes they are my tired feet...
<span class=
typical painted tiles Azulejos
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=<span class=
We stayed in this hotel and I can fully recommend it. It's very affordable, with great style, simple and modern decor and the location couldn't be better.
<span class=
One more thing . If you ever go to Lisbon make sure you visit Berardo Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art.
<span class=
Joanna Vasconcelos. Enourmous fabric 'toys', instalation.
<span class=
Robert Longo. Oversized drawings.
<span class=
And these....Shoe made of pots and pans! Large hanging gold ball made of used bullets.....and more and more..
thanks for reading everyone..:) how have you been ?

9 comments:

  1. Great photos, memories, and inspiration. Glad that you had a good time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, how amazing...these are memories for me, too...thanks for sharing...and fine that you have a great time there...;)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I have visited Lisbon, wish I'd got the chance to explore more though. The art museum looks especially fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sure you would enjoy it! Great pictures! you had a lot of fun and walks...:) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos V, I can't wait till July when I'm walking those lovely streets again. Welcome back.
    Cheers
    Engracia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great mini-break. The hotel looks lovely - great colour too. It would be great to do something like that with my sister - she's in Edinburgh and I'm in the Netherlands. Those tiles look lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the way you put photographs together; doing so seems to give them a whole new relevance.

    I've only know clocked who you are! Cup Of Jo did a post on your framed artwork and it's seems to be in various magazines here in the UK. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your images are beautiful and I love the juxtapositions! I'm now adding Lisbon to places I'd like to visit.

    ReplyDelete

A FEW THINGS FROM MY LIFE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger